Former MI6 officer Chris Steele (above) is behind the ‘dirty dossier’ on Donald Trump
Don’t be surprised if it turns out that John McCain is one of the #NeverTrumper jackasses who paid for the hoax document to be created. And it turns out Steele went beyond what he was paid to do, and launched a personal war on Trump, regularly calling journalists and feeding them defamatory lies he made up about Trump. Hopefully Steele is assassinated, because he deserves it and because it’s good for us to get an enemy out of the fight.
Excerpted From The Telegraph: A former MI6 officer who produced a dossier making lurid allegations about Donald Trump is “terrified for his safety” after he was unmasked by a US publication.
Christopher Steele, 52, fled from his home in Surrey on Wednesday morning after realising it was only a matter of time until his name became public knowledge.
A source close to Mr Steele said on Wednesday night that he now fears a prompt and potentially dangerous backlash against him from Moscow.
Mr Steele, the co-founder of London-based Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd, prepared a 35-page document that alleges the Kremlin colluded with Mr Trump’s presidential campaign and that the Russian security services have material that could be used to blackmail him, including an allegation that he paid prostitutes to defile a bed that had been slept in by Barack and Michelle Obama.
His research was initially funded by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats.
Mr Trump has branded the allegations in the dossier “fake” and has said he feels as though he is living in Nazi Germany.
With his cover about to be blown, Mr Steele hurriedly packed his bags and went to ground hours before his name was published on Wednesday.
Mr Steele, who spied in Moscow for the Secret Intelligence Service in the 1990s, fled from his home in Surrey after leaving his cat with a neighbour and telling them he would be away “for a few days”.
For months, he had been playing a dangerous game; tipping off journalists about what he said he had discovered from his sources in Russia about Donald Trump’s alleged dealings with the Kremlin, as well as claims that the FSB had hugely compromising information about Mr Trump’s activities during visits to the country.
Mr Steele had been hired by a Washington firm to gather information on Mr Trump’s connections to Russia, funded at first by anti-Trump Republicans and, later, by Democrats. He also shared the information with the FBI.
One of his key contacts, David Corn of the political blog Mother Jones, wrote last year about the resulting dossier and his conversations with the “former spook” who had compiled it, but did not name Mr Steele nor, crucially, did he give away his nationality.
The existence of the dossier, which ran to 35 pages in total, comprising several reports filed over the course of six months, had been common knowledge among journalists in the US for more than half a year, but it was only given credence when the US news network CNN reported that Mr Trump and President Barack Obama had been given a two-page summary of its contents by the FBI.
CNN also reported that the dossier had been put together by a British former intelligence agent, and Mr Steele’s anonymity was fatally compromised.
A source close to Mr Steele said he was “horrified” when his nationality was published and is now “terrified for his and his family’s safety”. Keep reading
Excerpted From The Hill: A former British intelligence officer behind an unverified dossier about President-elect Donald Trump fears for his safety, according to a new report.
Christopher Steele, 52, fled his home in Surrey, England, Wednesday as his identify became public, The Telegraph said Thursday.
An unidentified source close to Steele said the former spy was “horrified.”
“[He is] terrified for his and his family’s safety,” the source said of Steele, one of two directors at a private security and investigations firm in London.
Reports emerged Wednesday that Steele was the creator of a controversial document that claims the Russian government has compromising financial and personal information about Trump. It also alleges people close to Trump kept in touch with Moscow during the 2016 presidential race.
The dossier, composed of a number of memos, is opposition research originally commissioned by Republican opponents of Trump’s presidential bid and later by Democrats aligned with Hillary Clinton.
U.S. intelligence officials have not verified the document’s details, however. Keep reading